How I meet Ren'Py

Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic hit Indonesia, numerous activities and work have come to a halt, including mine. In my quest for new endeavors or simply some entertainment, I stumbled upon a visual novel game named "Doki-doki Literature Club" (created by Team Salvato in 2017) while watching gameplay videos on Youtube.


After that, I decided to give it a try on my computer. I was amazed by it and wanted to find out more about the game. It turns out that the game was created by just one person named Dan Salvato, using a free visual novel engine called Ren'Py.


Then I discovered Ren'Py, which was also created by one person named Tom "PyTom" Rothamel. Ren'Py utilizes a simple and easily understandable programming language. It has an active forum with helpful users who assist each other in resolving programming-related issues. They are always polite and prompt in answering questions from new users. The community is respectful and provides constructive criticism. Additionally, Ren'Py offers a platform to showcase games, receive feedback, and gather suggestions for further development. This comprehensive system within the Ren'Py game engine has greatly inspired me to create a visual novel. Since I was kid, I have always aspired to develop games.

Komentar